New Workspace

I am in the process of setting up a new workspace for my electronics/homework and thought I would share some photos of the progress.  It is by no means complete but a good start has been made.  This desk is really nice and big.  It is 8 feet long and about 3 feet deep.

I like looking at pictures of workspaces because you can kind of see how they evolved over time to suit the individual.  We make them work for us and what doesn't work doesn't usually last that long.  It will be interesting to see what this work area looks like in a years time.


One of the things I would like to add in addition to more outlets is an outlet timer.  Something that will automatically shut off my soldering station or hot glue gun when I accidentally leave them on.  I guess I will have to remember to turn things off until I have more time to automate my life.

 In this picture you can see a contact printer I am currently modifying to be used as a light box for PCB photofabrication, but I will post more about that another day.


I found a great Eck-Adams chair at Treasure Mart for $20.  I think it matches the clock radio I found at Treasure Mart also, quite well.  Here is a picture of the chair on the ride home.



Here are a couple of action shots.  You can see that the chair functions quite well as something to sit on.  Studies have shown that people who stand less often tend to sit more.  I think this is a good addition to my workspace.  It is really comfortable; it has that 1970's cushioning and it's seat to back angle is quite inviting.

Action Shot - Form following function

Action Shot - P.O.V.

It is no secret that this chair came from the Eck-Adams company.  Googling the company turns up no real information though.  I guess they have gone out of business. But, what a fine chair they made before they did.



Accidental photo's are interesting

If you have any photos of a workspace you would like to share, feel free to post a link in the comments.  Or just share what the favorite part about your workspace is.

Comments

Unknown said…
Looking good for a student's workshop. An actual scope, Fluke 8x DMM and adjustable lighting; you're off to a good start.

I'm curious to know why no power supply, parts bins, computer with (EP)ROM R/W, eye-protection or anti-static pad/strap (especially in a carpeted workshop).

Power-off timers are commercially available or might be had from a hotel removing/upgrading their bathroom heat-lamp or from companies that supply/service small-medium size saunas in condo complexes' workout rooms and such. Those crank-dial units are hardly ideal for your purposes though.
Pete said…
@J

Thanks for your comment. I do have more things for my workspace but, in the photos I hadn't set everything out yet. I don't however, have an antistatic mat. Instead I ground myself by touching a lamp every so often. for more sensitive er, expensive things I have a wrist strap. An adjustable power supply would be a welcome addition to my fixed 12v one too.